Friday, March 26, 2010

The Usual Suspects, 1995 (Grade D+)

Director: Bryan Singer
Awards--yes Academy Awards, Independent Spirit, Golden Globe
Stars: Kevin Spacey; Benecio Del Toro, Gabriel Byrne; Stephen Baldwin; Kevin Pollak, Chaz Palminteri, Giancarlo Esposito

sezsays: Some movies don't hold up so well.  I had missed this when it came out and someone mentioned it the other day, so I rented it to catch up on famous movies I'd failed to see.  I am not surprised that Spacey and Del Toro won awards for their acting. They both did marvelous jobs. But the story is just hum-drum--there is evil in crime--yea, and what else is new. This seems to me just to be an excuse for a bunch of men to get together and assault each other verbally with threats to do obnoxious sexual acts to each other --or to actually shot each other. Another yawn--but now I know who Kaiser Soze is--so that is something I guess.  (Grade D+)

No comments:

Post a Comment